Greets and receives patients and visitors and provides assistance in scheduling appointments, patient registration, insurance verification and the collection of any co-payments. Receptionist assists in general office tasks such as managing daily flow of office, ordering supplies, answering phone calls and patient non-clinical questions as directed.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Welcomes patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner and verifies patient contact and insurance information on
2. Arranges appointments and registers patients, ensuring that all demographic information is current.
3. Answers non-medical questions and gives routine non-medical instructions.
4. Answers and screens telephone calls and takes messages.
5. Collects, verifies, and enters into the billing system all insurance and third party resources for payment.
6. Verify accuracy of billing data and resolve any discrepancies.
7. May coordinate insurance verification and perform pre-certification with insurance companies.
8. May prepare charge tickets and receive co-payments for office visit.
9. Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED. Preferred two years of experience.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other
office procedures and terminology.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions